FAQs & Legals


What does a Celebrant do?
I complete and submit all legal paperwork, assist in creating and compiling your wording;  and I conduct / solemnise the ceremony in accordance with the law of Australia.

What does my service include?
Appointments, rehearsals, ceremony Legal Paperwork: registration and certification of your ceremony with Births, Deaths and Marriages in the state / territory of marriage.

Travel (within Victoria), on-site rehearsal and site visit, stationery, postage, PA system and signing table and two chairs if required.

Upon a 10% deposit, I will provide you with a ceremony guide. This includes the ceremony outline and examples of poems, readings, music and vows for you to consider. Of course your day and your ceremony is all up to you! 

When is payment required and what is your refund policy?
A non-refundable deposit of 10% is required at the time of booking confirmation. The balance is required no later than seven days before the event.

What are the legal requirements for marriage in Australia?
Before you may marry, the law requires that you lodge with me the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM).

This form must be completed with me and the submitted via the BDM website, a minimum of one calendar month prior to the wedding. We can fill in this form at our appointment to ensure accuracy. The form will remain active for 18 calendar months from the date of submission.

  • You must be over 18 years of age to marry
  • If you are Australian born you must show your original birth certificate in English or a passport. If born outside Australia you are required to show your birth certificate or passport from your country of birth.
  • If either of you have previously been married you will have to provide me your Divorce Decree Absolute papers and/or if either of your spouses are deceased, you must produce the Death Certificate.
  • On the day of your marriage you must have two witnesses over the age of 18.

How do I obtain the legal marriage certificate?
You can obtain the required application form from the Births, Deaths and Marriages website  www.bdm.vic.gov.au 

Do we have to attend any pre-marital courses?
No. However, all Celebrants can offer points of contact should you wish.

When do I need to book the Celebrant?
As long as it is one calendar month prior to the ceremony, you can book at anytime. Sooner is better than later to secure your date. Please contact me when you have confirmed your date and venue.

What is your Privacy Policy?
Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose than to complete the necessary paperwork and certificates for the ceremony. I do not pass on or sell any information collected, or disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any form.


Click on the button below to view the PDF form
Share by: